It's finally getting warmer (ignore last night's snow dusting) which means we're celebrating with taco week! Feel free to personalize these by adding or substituting your favorite toppings and set up a taco bar that's all your own! Here's what we did.
Yields 8-10 servings.
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled with tails removed
- 1 head of purple cabbage, shredded
- 4 limes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 small pineapple, cut into chunks
- 2 large or 4 small, ripe avocados
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 16-20 corn/flour tortillas
Cilantro-Lime Crema Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp finely minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat olive oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until opaque and cooked through, tossing once halfway through cooking, about 3 - 4 minutes. While cooking, season shrimp with salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika.
In a bowl whisk together all Cilantro-Lime Sauce ingredients while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Set out all the ingredients, assemble your tacos, and devour! Repeat on Cinco de Mayo.
Photos by Rachel Lyn Photography
Styling by Rowena Day